Kashmiri Yakhni Recipe
February 1, 2022
A scrumptious Kashmiri dish with succulent mutton pieces enriched with spices and balanced with yogurt based gravy.
- 1kg lamb, cut from breast, washed and drained
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 cup Mustard Oil
- 5 cups Yogurt
- 2 tsp Corn Flour
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Hing dissolved in water
- 2 tsp Cee Pee Mutton Curry Masala Powder
- 2 tsp Cee Pee Fennel Seeds
- 2 tsp Cee Pee Ginger Powder
- 2 Cee Pee Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1-inch Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Brown Cardamom
- 2 Green Cardamom
- 2 tsp Black Jeera Seeds
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil. Put in bay leaf, cloves, and cinnamon stick. Saute for few seconds and add hing liquid along with meat. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in 3 cups of water and remaining powdered spices including mutton curry masala powder. Pressure-cook it for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk the yogurt in a bowl, add to it cumin seeds and put it into pressure cooker once the pressure releases naturally.
- Mix it thoroughly and evenly with the meat.
- Mix corn flour with 3 tablespoon of water and add to the gravy. In few minutes, the gravy will begin to thicken.
- Grind brown and green cardamoms coarsely and add to the mutton to infuse delightful flavours.
- Transfer to the serving bowl, serve fresh and hot with steaming hot rice.
Try this recipe for Lunch, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang