Mutton Kozhambu Recipe
January 29, 2022
As we heat towards Chettinad region of a vegetarian friendly state of Tamil Nadu, one will find a delish platter of non-vegetarian delicacies. One of the popular dishes prepared with potpourri of spices and grated coconut is a spicy meat curry called Mutton Kozhambu.
For Masala Paste
- 1/3 cup fresh Coconut, shredded
- 2 tbsp Cee Pee Posta Dana
- 1-inch Ginger
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- 15 Small Onions or Shallots
- 2 Cloves
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ½ inch Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Fennel Seeds
- 1 Cup Water for grinding
- 500 grams Mutton with bone
- 2 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 3 Green Chillies, split lengthwise
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cee Pee Mutton Curry Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Turmeric Powder
- 1½ tsp Cee Pee Red Chilli Powder
- 3 cups Water
- Begin with grinding all the ingredients under masala section with a cup of water to a smooth paste.
- In a pan, heat some oil and add sliced onions. Sauté it for few minutes and put in green chillies and curry leaves.
- Once onions are soft and done, add in tomatoes and salt. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Put in the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and Mutton curry powder. Mix evenly and sauté for few seconds.
- Add the masala paste. Clean the remaining paste in blender jar with half cup of water and pour it in the pan. Mix it well.
- Add mutton pieces along with 2 cups of water. Bring it to a boil and adjust seasoning.
- Cover the pan nicely and reduce the flame to lowest. Simmer it for 30 to 35 minutes. Slow cooking will help make the mutton become soft and juicy and packed with flavours.
- Once curry has desired consistency and meat properly cooked, remove the pan from heat.
- Serve it hot with rice.
Try this recipe for Lunch, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang