Methi matar is a delicious and creamy dish made with fresh fenugreek leaves, green peas, and a rich cashew-based gravy. It is a popular North Indian dish that goes well with roti, naan, or rice. Methi matar is also known as methi malai matar, which means fenugreek and cream peas.
To make this dish, you will need some basic ingredients like onion, ginger, garlic, tomato, cashews, cream, and of course, cee pee spices. For this recipe, you will need cee pee kitchen king masala, which is a versatile blend of 15 spices that adds a royal touch to any curry.
To make Methi Malai Matar with Cee Pee Spices, follow these simple steps:
- 2 cups fresh fenugreek leaves (methi), choppe
- 1 cup green peas (matar), boiled or frozen
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons cee pee kitchen king masala
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add cumin seeds and fry for a few seconds until they crackle.
Add onion and sauté until golden brown. Add ginger and garlic and sauté for another minute.
Add tomato puree and cook until the oil separates from the masala.
Drain the cashews and grind them into a smooth paste with some water. Add this paste to the masala and cook for a few minutes.
- Add salt and Cee Pee Kitchen King Masala and mix well.
- Add fenugreek leaves and green peas and simmer for 10 minutes or until the gravy thickens.
- Add cream and mix well. Turn off the heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti, naan, or rice.
Tips for Making Methi Malai Matar
- You can use dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi) instead of fresh ones if you don’t have them. Just soak them in water for 10 minutes and squeeze out the excess water before adding them to the gravy.
- You can also use almond paste instead of cashew paste for a healthier option. Just soak almonds in hot water for 15 minutes and peel off the skin before grinding them.
- You can adjust the amount of cee pee kitchen king masala according to your taste preference. You can also add some sugar or honey to balance the bitterness of fenugreek leaves if you like.
- You can make this dish vegan by replacing cream with coconut milk or cashew cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the benefits of fenugreek leaves? A: Fenugreek leaves are rich in iron, calcium, vitamin C, and antioxidants. They help in lowering blood sugar levels, improving digestion, reducing inflammation, and boosting immunity.
Q: How to store fenugreek leaves? A: Fenugreek leaves can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze them in ziplock bags for up to a month.
Q: How to clean fenugreek leaves? A: Fenugreek leaves tend to have dirt and sand attached to them. To clean them properly, wash them thoroughly under running water and drain them in a colander. Then chop them finely and discard the stems.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe blog for methi matar with cee pee spices. If you have any questions or feedback mail us at email@example.com And don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family.
We hope you liked this recipe for Creamy Methi Malai Matar with Cee pee spices.
You can also follow us on Facebook,Instagram,YouTube for more such recipes and updates.
Tag us on social media when you cook the dish.