Tangy Pickle Rice Recipe
December 27, 2021
Mouth-watering and delicious, this tangy pickle rice is a fun dish to prepare and eat. Packed with veggies and beautiful flavours, have it for lazy lunch or fun night dinner.
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 2 medium sized Potatoes, boiled, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2-3 Carrots, julienned
- 1 medium sized Onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup Fresh peas
- 2 tbsp Cee pee Mix Pickle
- 1 tsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Fersh Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Wash and rinse the rice until you get clear water.
- Boil two cups of water. While water is boiling, blend mix pickle with a blender and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker, heat some oil, add jeera and let it crackle. Put in onions and sauté them until they turn translucent.
- Next, add garlic ginger paste, and turmeric powder. Cook until the rawness of the garlic is gone.
- Now add pickle paste and cook for another two minutes.
- It is time to add veggies in the cooker. Mix well so as all the veggies are well coated with spices. Adjust the salt and spice level.
- Add rice and boiled water in cooker. Mix evenly and gently. Pressure-cook the rice for 2 whistles.
- Let the pressure release naturally and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Transfer the rice in a serving dish, garnish with coriander leaves and serve fresh with raita of your choice.
Try this recipe for Breakfast Lunch, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang