Sweet Turmeric Rice Recipe
December 15, 2021
Prepared on special occasions, sweet rice are hugely popular in India with its warm yellow hue and delish flavours.
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice, washed and soaked in water for about 20 minutes
- 3 tbsp Ghee or clarified Butter
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Green Cardamom
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 4 Cup Water
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1½ tsp Cee Pee Turmeric Powder
- 10 Cashew Nuts, crushed and roasted in ghee
- 2 tsp Raisins
- In a deep bottom pan, parboil the rice over medium heat with 4 cups of water. Once cooked, drain the excess water and transfer rice to a bowl.
- Now in a large pan, heat some ghee on medium flame. In hot ghee, add cinnamon stick, green cardamom, and sugar and turmeric powder. Also add raisins.
- Sauté for few seconds and switch the flame to low.
- Next, transfer the rice in the pan and mix them gently. Cook the rice for at least five minutes on medium heat until sugar melts and mixed evenly.
- Sweet turmeric rice is ready. Transfer the in a serving bowl and garnish with roasted cashew nuts. Serve fresh and hot.
Try this recipe for Breakfast, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang