Semolina Turmeric Cake Recipe
December 14, 2021
Soft and delicious, semolina turmeric cake is warm yellow coloured cake that belongs to Lebanon and is a quite common desert in Middle East.
- 1½ Cup Semolina
- ½ Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Turmeric Powder
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Almonds, roughly chopped and roasted
- Begin with pre-heating the over at 180 degrees C. Grease an 8-9 inch round baking pan.
- Now, in a bowl mix all the dry ingredients including semolina, maida, baking powder, and turmeric. Keep aside.
- In another bowl of large size, dissolve sugar in milk at room temperature. Add flour mix and oil to the bowl. Either whisk the batter or beat with an electric beater at medium speed for 5 minutes. Ensure the batter is free of any lumps.
- Pour the batter in the greased baking pan. Sprinkle the top with almonds. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes at 180 degrees until the cake is properly cooked. Insert a form or a pick in the centre and if it comes out dry, cake is ready.
- Serve it hot or cooled.
Try this recipe for Snacks, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang