Punjabi Mutton Curry Recipe
July 23, 2021
Food of Punjab is usually known for its bold and rich flavours. Punjabi Mutton curry is no different prepared with many robust flavours of onion, garlic, spices and tomato. Each ingredient is in harmony with other resulting in a lip-smacking dish that goes well with rice and roti.
- 500 gm Mutton (mutton curry cut or mutton boti or both)
- 4 medium sized Onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Ginger paste
- 1-2 tsp Cee Pee Red Chilli Powder
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- ½ cup Yogurt (Little sour)
- Salt as required
- 3 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Garam Masala
- 2-3 tsp Cee Pee Mutton Curry Masala Powder
- 3-4 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Begin with cleaning and washing the mutton pieces and keep it aside. In a large pan, heat ghee or mustard oil, add onions, and ginger garlic paste. Saute until the raw smell of the ingredients is gone.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and meat masala powder and mix it well.
- Now, goes into the pan chopped tomatoes and cook then until they are mashed and soft. Put in the mutton pieces and ensure that each piece is well coated with the spices.
- Now goes in the yogurt and mix it evenly. Cook the mutton for about 4-5 minutes and add water in the pan. Stir the content, check the spices and bring out the balance of flavours.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and garam masala in the pan, mix it thoroughly and cook the mutton for around 25 minutes on medium flame or until the protein is perfect cooked and is succulent.
- Once done, turn of the heat and transfer the delicacy into a serving bowl. Serve it fresh and hot with rice or naan.
Try this recipe for Lunch, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang