Posta Dana ki Sabji Recipe
September 7, 2021
It is an easy and delicious dish with goodness of herbs, spices and of course posta dana. It is paired with roti as well as rice and served for lunch and dinner or any special get together.
- 200 gm Cee Pee Posta Dana, soaked in water for 4-5 hours
- 100 gm Besan
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1-2 fresh Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Kashmiri lal mirch
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Turmeric powder
- 4 tsp Cee Pee Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 2 tsp Cee Pee Dhaniya Powder
- 1 big tomato, chopped
- 1 pinch Cee Pee Hing
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Kasoori Methi
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- 1½ cup Water
- 1 tbsp fresh Coriander leaves, chopped
- Begin with grinding the soaked posta dana with green chilli and garlic cloves to form a paste.
- Add besan, turmeric powder, kasoori methi and salt to the paste and mix thoroughly to form a thick paste.
- In a pan, heat the oil and fry posta dana paste in form of small balls.
- Keep them aside and soak the excess oil with a paper towel.
- For gravy, heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan and add yellow mustard seeds. Roast them until they start spluttering.
- Add garlic paste, dhaniya powder, hing, kasoori methi, salt and roast them well until the raw smell of garlic is gone.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook them until they become slight mushy.
- Add water and mix it well. Bring the gravy to boil and posta dana pakoras to it.
- Cook it for another 5-10 minutes on low flame until the pakoras become soft and has absorbed the flavours.
- Adjust the consistency of the gravy and once cooked, garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
Try this recipe for Lunch, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang