Mushroom Coconut Curry Recipe
November 29, 2021
Mushroom coconut curry is a one-pot delicacy with goodness of creamy coconut and burst of flavours from herbs and blend of spices in garam masala. You can easy replace vegetables of your choice and add seasoning to match your liking to prepare this simple yet delicious gravy dish power packed with hint of garam masala.
- 2 Cup Button Mushroom, sliced
- 1 large Capsicum, thinly sliced into ½-inch long slice
- 1-inch Ginger, thinly slices
- 1 medium sized Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Fresh Green Chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Black Mustard Seeds
- 15-20 Curry Leaves
- ¼ tsp Cee Pee Turmeric Powder
- 1-2 tsp Cee Pee Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Kashmiri Lal Mirch Powder
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4-5 Medium sized Tomatoes, cut into small chunks
- 4 Spring Onions
- Begin with heating oil in a large pan or a small kadai. Once oil is heated, add mustard seeds and let them crackle. Now add onions, ginger, green chilli, and curry leaves. Add salt and black pepper and sauté the veggies until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add capsicum, and mushroom and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until they begin to soften.
- It is time to add spices including turmeric powder, garam masala, and red chilli powder to the vegetables. Mix them evenly.
- Now pour in half of coconut milk, stir it well and bring the mixture to boil over medium flame. Let it cook for few more minutes until vegetables are done as per your taste.
- Add remaining half of coconut milk, salt to taste and heat the gravy dish properly without bringing it to boil.
- Turn off the flame; add spring onions and tomato chunks along with lemon juice.
- Serve hot with rice or various types of breads.
Try this recipe for Lunch, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang