Lentils with Hing Powder: Second Recipe
November 29, 2021
- 2 Cups Moong Dal, washed and soaked for one hour
- 1 Fresh Green Chilli split lengthwise
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Jeera
- ¾ tsp Cee Pee Hing Powder
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1½ Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Clarified Butter
- Begin with heating some oil in a pressure cooker. When heated, add cumin seeds, let them splutter until they become golden brown and add hing. Keep the flame at medium.
- Next, add moong dal and fry it for around 3 minutes. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Now add turmeric powder, green chilli, salt and water. Mix it well and pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
- Turn off the flame and let the pressure release naturally. Open the lid and mash the dal the gentle hands.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve fresh with roti or rice.
Try this Snacks for Lunch, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang