Lamb Keema Curry Recipe
June 23, 2021
Keema is a stew prepared usually as a curry with ingredients including goat meat or minced lamb along with a variety of vegetables and a potpourri of fragrant spices. It is one of a popular dishes in north India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. It is usually served as a main dish along with naan, buns or other flatbreads or in form of stuffed parathas and buns.
- 300 gms lamb keema
- 2 tbsp oil
- Cee Pee Sabut Meat Masala
- 2 medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 medium sized tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ cup water
- Salt as per taste
- 1/8 tsp Cee Pee haldi powder
- ¾ tsp Cee Pee red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Cee Pee shahi garam masala
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Heat a pan with oil, and add Cee Pee Sabut Meat Masala for a minute.
- Now add finely chopped onions, and fry them until they are evenly golden. Add green chill and stir.
- Put in ginger garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell is gone.
Main Dish Preparation
- Add keema to the pan and sauté for about 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
- Sprinkle salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala on keema and mix well.
- Add mint leaves and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes on low flame.
- Cover the pan and cook on lowest flame for around 8-10 minutes. You will observe keema getting tender as the moisture is being released.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sauté until tomatoes are blends completely with keema. This will take about 5-6 minutes and you will see that rawness of tomato is gone.
- Pour water in the pan, mix nicely, and cook it covered until keema is completely cooked and become tender.
- Uncover the pan and adjust salt and spices according to your taste. Add more masala if required. Sauté it until some water is dried and you are satisfied with the consistency of the dish.
- Add coriander leaved and stir.
- Keep the dish covered until served.
- Squeeze a lemon over the dish to enhance its flavours, serve it with paratha, rice, and freshly cut salad.
Try this recipe for Dinner, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang