Khatta Meat or Sour Meat Recipe
June 10, 2021
It is a spicy and sour meat dish with distinct and unique flavours, mainly due to presence of amchoor or dry mango powder. It is a staple of Dogri Community in Jammu where it is often paired with rice or roti as a hearty meal enjoyed at home.
- 250 – 300 gm mutton, medium sized pieces
- 2 tbsp Mustard oil
- 3-4 medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 3 tsp Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Ginger, minced
- 2 tsp Cee Pee Kasoori Methi
- 1½ tsp Cee Pee Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups Water
- 2½ tsp Cee Pee Amchoor Powder, heaped
- 3 Green Chillis, de-seeded
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Masala
- 2-3 tsp Cee Pee Mutton Masala
- Coriander Leaves, chopped for garnishing
- 1½ tsp Cee Pee Saunf
- Heat mustard oil in a deep pan. Add onions to it and sauté until they become light pink in colour.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and sauté until it is brown.
- Put in the mutton masala powder, kasoori methi, salt, turmeric powder, kashmiri masala and dried red chilli. Pour 1-cup water in the pan and mix thoroughly. Let it cook on medium flame for few minutes.
- Now add mutton in the pan and simmer for another 5-7 minutes. Coat the protein nicely with the gravy.
- Now add 2 cups of water and bring it to boil. Cover the pan with lid and simmer it on medium flame until the meat is tender (for about an hour).
- Once meat is cooked and is juicy, add dry mango powder, saunf and green chilli and mix well.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve it hot with rice, roti and salad.
Try this recipe for Dinner share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang