Jeera Rice Recipe
May 28, 2021
One of the most classic and popular rice dishes in India is Jeera rice or cumin rice. The dish is rich with delightful aromas of cumin and light fragrance of other spices, taking this simple rice dish a level up.
- 1 ½ cup Basmati rice, properly rinsed and soaked for 20 minutes
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Cee Pee Cloves
- 4 Green Cardamom
- 2 teaspoons Cee Pee Whole Jeera
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 ½ cups Water
- Cee Pee Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker add oil and heat it at medium flame. Add all the whole spices and sauté them on medium heat until jeera is nicely roasted and earthy aroma is released. Tempering brings out the proper flavour of jeera seeds.
- Add drained and rinsed basmati rice in the cooker and fry for 2-3 minutes. Do not mix vigorously as rice will break.
- Pour water and salt and stir to mix the salt evenly.
- Cover the cooker and pressure cook rice on high flame for 1 whistle.
- Let the pressure release naturally, open the lid and fluff up the rice with a fork. You can add more ghee to the dish as per taste.
- Serve fresh and hot with various gravy vegetables or dal.
Try this recipe for Lunch, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang