One-Pot Palak Paneer Recipe
November 17, 2021
With silky smooth gravy and rich texture, Palak Paneer is a mouth-watering north-Indian delicacy that is quite popular in the region. It has many variation of recipes, however our recipe is one pot recipe that is easy to follow and taste as delicious.
- 500gm Spinach, thoroughly washed and chopped
- 2 cups Cottage Cheese or Paneer, diced into bite size
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Clarified Butter
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Cumin Seeds or Jeera
- ¼ tsp Cee Pee Turmeric Powder
- 1 Green Chilli, slit
- 1 medium sized Onion, Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1-inch Ginger, chopped
- 1 Medium sized Tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 Bay Leaf, for garnish
- 1 tbsp Butter, for garnish
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream, for garnish
- 2 tsp Cee Pee Sabji Masala
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker heat some ghee, add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter. Then add garlic, ginger, green chilli, tomato, haldi powder, garam masala and sabji masala. Sauté until the tomato becomes slightly soft.
- Add spinach and salt to the cook, give it a stir and add a tablespoon of water. Stir again and cover the cooker. Cook for one whistle only. Turn of the flame and release the pressure immediately.
- Releasing the pressure immediately helps in retaining the bright green colour of spinach. Remove the lid and allow the leaves to cool completely.
- Once cooled, grind the spinach with a blender to a smooth puree.
- In a separate pan heat some ghee; add cumin seeds and bay leaf. Sauté the ingredients for few seconds and stir in the spinach, diced paneer and cream.
- Serve it piping hot with jeera rice, chapatti or parathas for a delish meal.
Try this recipe for Lunch, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang