Kerala Style Vegetable Stew Recipe
November 16, 2021
A wholesome comforting food with goodness of vegetables and deliciousness of coconut, Kerala style Vegetable stew is a dish prepared in hearty sauce. A popular delicacy of Kerala, this instant pot recipe is packed with delish flavours.
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 10 Green Beans, chopped
- 20 Cauliflower Florets
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 1 Potato, diced in bite size
- 6 tbsp Green Peas
- 3 Green Chilli, slit
- 2-inch Ginger, julienned
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 10-12 Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp Cee Pee Sabji Masala
- 4 Cup Coconut Milk (diluted)
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk (Thick)
- 2 Cloves
- 2-inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Pod Cardamom
- In a large wok, heat ½ tbsp of coconut oil and sauté cardamom, cloves and cinnamon for few seconds.
- Now add onions and roast them until they become soft. Sauté them just before they turn golden brown.
- It is time to add vegetables including peas, carrots, cauliflower florets, and beans, ginger and green chilli. Sauté them for about two minutes.
- Once done, add water, curry leaves, salt and sabji masala. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover the wok and let it boil for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are half cooked.
- Add diluted coconut milk and mix it properly.
- This time let it boil for around 7-8 minutes or until vegetables are completely cooked.
- Turn off the heat, add few more curry leaves, 1tsp coconut oil and thick coconut milk. Mix the stew well.
- Serve the Kerala style vegetable stew fresh and hot with rice, appam or idiyappam.
Try this recipe for NBreakfast, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang