Chicken Chettinad Recipe
October 9, 2021
As popular as its Punjabi version, chicken Chettinad is a delicious chicken dish packed with mouth-watering flavours of coconut, pepper and onions.
- ½ kg Chicken
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 large Onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium sized Tomatoes, pureed
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Cee Pee Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cee Pee Turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp garlic ginger paste
- 1 tbsp Curd
- Salt to taste
- Make a paste of turmeric powder, curd, chilli powder, salt, ginger garlic paste in a bowl. Marinate the chicken and keep it aside to rest.
- In a pan, dry roast poppy seeds and make sure not to burn it. Now add coconut to it and fry it on low flame until the coconut tastes good.
- Add chicken masala powder to the mixture when cooled and with the help of little water, blend the mix to form a smooth paste. Set the masala aside for later use.
- Heat oil in a large pan and add onions and bay leaf to it. Sauté until onions turn golden brown.
- Put in the chicken and sauté it for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Now add tomato puree, turmeric, salt and chilli powder and cook it on medium flame until oil starts to separate.
- It is time to add ground paste along with curry leaves. Cook the content for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water and cook until chicken is tender and luscious. Cook without lid for thick gravy and with lid for desired consistency.
- Garnish the dish with fried curry leaves and serve hot with roti, rice or other Indian breads.
Try this recipe for Dinner, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang