Chicken Gravy Recipe
October 7, 2021
With a perfect balance of sweet, spicy, and right amount heat, Chicken gravy is a lip-smacking recipe for all kind of occasions. This dish is prepared with thick and rich gravy with a base of tomato, onions and nuts. The ease of making this dish and its delicious flavours are accentuated when eaten with Indian flatbreads.
- 500 gms Chicken, cleaned and washed
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil/Ghree
- 3 medium sized onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp Garlic Ginger Paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp Cee Pee Haldi Powder
- 4 medium sized Tomatoes, pureed
- 15 Cashew Nuts
- 15 Almonds
- ¼ tsp Cee Pee Garam Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Chicken Masala Powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
Preparing Nuts Paste
- Begin with roasting the nuts for few minutes until they turn light golden and let them cool.
- Add them into a blender along with small quantity of water enough to make a fine paste.
Preparing Chicken gravy
- Take a large pan or a utensil and heat oil in it.
- Add sliced onions to the pan and cook until they turn golden brown. Keep stirring them in between.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté for few seconds or until the raw smell of garlic is gone.
- It is time to add chicken. Roast it until its colours changes.
- Put in the spices, salt, red chilli powder, and turmeric power. Mix well.
- Cook the content of the pan for few more minutes on low heat.
- Pour in tomato puree and cook it for few minutes on low flame until it releases the oil.
- Add the fine paste of almond and cashews in to the pan and mix it thoroughly.
- Add the remaining spices and spice blend including coriander powder, black pepper powder, garam masala powder, salt and chicken masala powder.
- Mix the content properly and let it cook for about 10 to 15 minutes on low flame until the masala is properly cooked.
- Let the chicken cook for another 5 to 10 minutes on low heat until the protein is tender.
- Turn off the flame and garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Enjoy Chicken gravy piping hot and fresh with rice or various types of breads.
Try this recipe for Dinner, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang