Bhuna Lamb Chana Recipe
January 11, 2022
A delectable fusion of chickpeas and roasted lamb with their flavours merged with spices and herbs offers a most comforting bowl of food as well as a wholesome meal.
- 1 kg Lamb Chops with Bone
- 2 tbsp any Cooking Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, finely sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1-inch Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chillis, split lengthwise
- 2 cup Chickpeas, boiled
- Coriander Leaves for garnish
- Sliced Onion rings for garnish
- 2 tsp Cee Pee Meat Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Haldi Powder
- Bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp Cee Pee Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Cee Pee Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 5 Green cardamom
- 4 Cee Pee Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Garam Masala
- Salt to Taste
- In a large pan heat some oil, add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves, sauté them for few seconds as they sizzle. Add sliced onions and cook them until they turn pale golden brown. It will take about 10 minutes. Sprinkle some salt to speed up the process and stir frequently.
- When onions are done, add garlic, ginger, and other powdered spices including haldi, coriander powder,cumin powder, red chilli, and meat masala. Roast the spices for another two minutes on medium heat. Stir frequently so that spices do not stick to the pan.
- Next, add tomatoes along with lamb chops in the pan. Mix evenly and cook the meat for about five minutes on high flame. As meat begins to brown, turn the heat to medium, and cook the protein for 45minutes covered. Keep stirring the content regularly.
- Cook the lamb uncovered for another 15 minutes. Add boiled chickpeas along with half-cup warm chickpea water. Cover it again and cook for five to ten more minutes. Lastly add garam masala give it an even and gentle mix. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with fresh and hot with onion rings with steaming rice or tucked inside a roti.
Try this recipe for Dinner, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang