Curd Rice Recipe
October 11, 2021
A simple and delicious dish prepared with steamed rice and curd with a tempering of flavourful spices such as mustard seeds, coriander leaves, curry leaves, urad dal brings out the sumptuous flavours. When paired with mix pickle, it is simply one of the best comfort food on a lazy day packed with burst of flavours.
- ½ cup White rice
- 1½ cup Water
- 1 – 1½ cup curd
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cooking oil
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Jeera
- ¾ tsp Chana dal
- ¾ tsp Urad dal
- 1 dried Red Chilli
- 1 sprig Fresh Curry Leaves
- 1 pinch Cee Pee Bhandhani Hing
- 1 inch Ginger, minced
- 1 Green Chili, chopped
- 5-6 roasted Cashew Nuts, chopped
- Begin with rinsing rice a few times with water. Put them in a pressure cooked along with salt and pour water. Pressure cook rice for 3 whistles or until soft.
- Let the pressure release naturally and take out the rice in a bowl. Mash them lightly and allow it to cool.
- Add curd to the cooled rice and mix it gently but thoroughly. Keep it aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add cumin and mustard seeds to it. As they being to splutter, it is time to add urad dal, chana dal, cashews and red chilli. Roast until the dal turns golden.
- Add curry leaves, green chilli and minced ginger to the pan.
- Roast until curry leaves are crisp and add hing. Turn off the heat. Tempering is ready.
- Pour the tempering on the curd rice mix.
- Serve it fresh and hot with lip smacking mix pickle and let it tickle your taste buds with its enticing flavours.
Try this recipe for Lunch, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang