Punjabi Kadi Pakoda with Turmeric Recipe
October 11, 2021
Turmeric, apart from adding to the nutritional value and health benefits to the food provides beautiful golden colour adding to the visual appeal. Its addition to daals, paneer dish, rice dish, vegetable curries, dried vegetable dishes take the dishes a notch up in taste and colour. Punjabi kadi pakoda is one of a recipe that is healthy and incomplete without addition of haldi or turmeric powder.
- 3 cup Yogurt, preferably sour
- 1 cup Besan or Gram Flour
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Hing
- 6 Cups Water
- 2 tsp Cee Pee Mustard Seeds
- 4-5 Whole Red Chilli
For the Pakoras
- 1 cup Besan/Gram Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ cup Cooking oil
- In a large bowl or kadai, mix all the dry ingredients including besan, turmeric, garam masala, chilli powder and salt.
- Slowly and gradually, add curd to the mixture to form a smooth paste. Add water and mix properly.
- In a kadai or a large pan, heat oil and add hing, mustard seeds and whole red chillies.
- When mustard seeds begin to splutter, add the curd and besan mixture and bring it to boil.
- Simmer it over low flame until it thickens and raw taste of besan is gone.
- Mix all the required ingredients in a bowl enlisted above to form a smooth batter with the help of water. Consistency should be little thick. Keep aside the batter and rest it for around 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat oil.
- Beat the pakora batter until it becomes light and fluffy. Drop a spoonful of batter in hot oil.
- Reduce the flame to medium and fry until they fluff up and turn golden brown evenly.
- Repeat the process and drop the pakoras in kadi. Let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes until they become soft and succulent.
- Heat ghee, add red chilli powder to it, and pour over kadi just before serving. Serve it peeping hot with rice.
Try this recipe for Lunch, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang