Vermicelli Tomato Upma Recipe
August 21, 2021
Perfect for a quick delicious breakfast or lazy Sunday meal, this style of vermicelli upma is packed with flavours of fragrant spices and tangy tomatoes
- 1 cup Cee Pee roasted vermicelli
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 3 medium size tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 8-10 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cee Pee fennel seeds (saunf), roughly pounded
- 1 teaspoon Cee Pee black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cee Pee black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cee Pee cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon Cee Pee hadli (Turmeric Powder)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
- Begin with heating a pan with cooking oil on medium flame. As oil heats, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, cinnamon powder and cloves and let them splutter.
- Sauté onions, garlic and ginger in the same pan along with spices for few minutes. As onions becomes slight translucent, add tomatoes and stir for few seconds.
- Add black pepper powder, fennel seeds, red chilli powder and cook until all flavours are infused. Put mint leaves, vermicelli, salt to taste and 1½-cup water in the pan and cover the pan.
- Allow the vermicelli tomato upma to cool on low flame until all the water is absorbed and the noodles are completely cooked.
- Once ready, turn off the heat, remove the lid, add lemon juice and mix it gently.
- Serve the vermicelli tomato upma fresh along with coconut coriander chutney and tomato onion chutney. Enjoy the breakfast with peeping hot coffee or tea.
Try this recipe for Dinner, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang