Masala Vermicelli Recipe
February 18, 2021
- Heat 1 tbsp oil. Once it is hot add in 1 tsp mustard seeds (raie) and let it crackle. You can also add in a few curry leaves at this stage.
- Next goes in 1 large onion and 1 large potato, chopped (obviously). Here 1 green chili can also be added.
- Add in a little salt to taste. Adding salt at this stage will fasten the cooking process.
- Cover and cook till the potatoes are soft.
- Time to add in 2 pureed tomatoes.
- Cook till the oil oozes out.
- Spice up masala seviyan with ¼ tsp turmeric powder , 1 tsp red chili powder and remaining salt to taste. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in 2 cups of water and let it come to a boil.
- Now comes the main ingredient. Add 1 cup of raw vermicelli and dry roast it on low flame till light golden brown.
- Cover and cook.
- Cook till the water is totally absorbed by the seviyan.
- Thereafter add in the juice of 1 lemon.
- Followed by ¼ tsp of garam masala powder
- Let it sit for another 5 minutes. Flame is off.
- Puff up with the help of a spoon. Finish off with a handful of chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot/warm.
Try this recipe for Lunch, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang
(Use Cee Pee Spices Masala’s)