Kuttu Ki Khichdi Recipe
December 21, 2021
Easy to prepare, very delicious and healthy, kuttu ki kichadi is a fasting super food that fulfils nutrional requirement with taste.
- 1 Cup Sabut Kuttu (Buckwheat groats)
- 2 medium sized Potatoes, diced in small size
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1/2 –inch Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Clarified Butter
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Raw Peanuts, dry roasted and powdered
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 tsp Raw Sugar
- Ceepee’s Sendha Namak to taste
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves, chopped
- Lemon Juice as required (optional)
- In a pan, heat some ghee and add cumin seeds. Let the seeds crackle.
- Add green chillis, ginger, and sauté for few seconds.
- Next, add diced potatoes and stir often. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until potatoes are crisp from the edges.
- It is time to add peanut powder and sauté it for about half a minute. Add rinsed buckwheat. Mix it well and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Add sugar, salt and water.
- Mix thoroughly and cover the pan with lid. Allow the buckwheat to simmer on low heat.
- Cook it until all the water is absorbed and buckwheat is well cooked.
- Add coriander leaves and give it a final stir.
- Serve Kuttu khichdi hot and fresh with drizzle of lemon juice.
Try this recipe for Breakfast, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang