Chole Samosa Chaat Recipe
January 2, 2022
Tempting aromas wafting on streets with spicy tangy flavours and colourful visuals calls for a delish street food treat. Our recipes today combine the popular street food of India with the classic Punjabi chana masala.
Chole Samosa Chaat
A popular roadside snack in Delhi, this dish is a fusion of crispy samosas, piping hot chana masala, cool curd, tangy and sweet chutneys crunchy onions and sev and the result is mouth-watering potpourri of deliciousness.
- 2 cups Kabuli Chana, soaked and boiled
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch Ginger, julienned
- 1 cup Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, chopped
- 2 tsp Cee Pee Punjabi Choley Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Black Salt
- 1 tsp Ceepee Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Ceepee Amchur
- Salt to taste
- 4 Samosas
- 4 tbsp Tamarind Jaggery Chutney
- 6 tsp Coriander Chutney
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic and Tomato Chutney
- 2 tbsp Onions, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Crispy Sev
- 4 tbsp Coriander Leaves, finely chopped (for garnish)
For the Choley
- In a pan or a wok, heat some oil and add garlic and ginger. Sauté for few seconds on medium flame until the raw smell of garlic is gone.
- Add tomatoes, mix it well and cook the content until tomatoes are mushy and soft. Stir occasionally over medium flame. It will take approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Next, add green chillies, black salt, red chilli powder, Punjabi chole masala powder, amchur, little salt and 2 tbsp of water. Mix it well and cook the masala for one minute while stirring it occasionally.
- 4. Add boiled chickpeas and ¼ cup of water. Mix once again evenly and let the chanas cook for around 4-5 minutes while mashing chanas gently using a masher.
- 5. Once cooked to desired consistency, divide them in four equal parts and keep aside.
For Chole Samosa Chaat
- For chaat, in a bowl roughly break a samosa into small pieces. Put a portion of chana prepared over it evenly.
- Pour a tbsp of tamarind chutney, 1½ tsp of green chutney, a tbsp of onions and a tbsp of sev over the chana samosa mixture. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Repeat the steps for 3 more plates and serve fresh and crispy chaat.
Try this recipe for Snackas , share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang