Best Recipe for using Garam Masala
August 16, 2022
Made up of more than 15 assorted spices gathered from across India, our Garam Masala can be used in every dish. This unique blend to delight your taste buds can be incorporated with many a medium like chicken, paneer, vegetables, and even your basic curries. Here’s one such recipe of a curry that can incorporate any medium and give you the delicious and best garam masala flavor.
Garam Masala Butter Curry
Garam Masala Butter Curry is a luscious and scrumptious multipurpose curry that can be incorporated in many ways with many things. You can use it with vegetables, paneer and any meat. You can even use this curry with rice or roti.
- Puréed Tomatoes – 3
- Chopped Green Chilli – 3 to 4
- Soaked Dry Red Chilli – 4 to 5
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Onion – 2
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Salt to Taste.
- Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri Mirch Powder – 1 tbsp
- Haldi Powder – ½ tsp
- Kasuri Methi Powder – 1 tsp
- Butter – 2 cubes
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Coriander to Garnish
- Bayleaf – 1
- Cloves – 2
- Jeera Powder – 2 tbsp
- Take a grinding jar. Put tomatoes and green chilies into the jar. Add soaked dry red chilli to get good color. You can also use Kashmiri Mirch Powder instead of this. Grind everything well and keep this aside.
- Place a pan on the gas and pour oil. Let the oil heat up on the medium flame. Now add the whole spices. Add 1 bayleaf, two cloves and jeera powder and let them crackle.
- Add chopped onions and sauté them till they become golden. Now add ginger garlic paste. Mix well and cook them with onion as well. Now add puréed tomatoes and butter.
- Add salt as per taste and mix everything well. Cook until the Garam Masala mix releases oil and then keep the flame medium.
- In a separate bowl, add coriander powder, Kashmiri Mirch Powder, Jeera Powder, and Haldi powder, Kasuri Methi Powder and Coriander Powder, and 1 cup of water and make a paste. Add this spice mixture to the tomato and onion pan and cook until it releases oil.
- Close the lid and let it simmer.
- Sprinkle finely chopped coriander on top and it is ready to serve. Garnish with fresh cream to give it a restaurant style look.
This is the best Garam Masala Butter Curry can complement any vegetable and meat and cottage cheese. It is important for the dish to have the best Garam Masala, and what better to have if not the special Garam Masala mix from Cee Pee spices, made with all natural ingredients and no artificial flavors. Add some spice to life with a delicious bite of this garam masala butter curry.