Bakes Chana Pockets Recipe
January 3, 2022
A healthy version of choley bhature, these bakes chana pockets are packed with scrumptious filling of tangy and spicy chanas and fluffy and soft outer covering.
For the Dough
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- ½ cup Melted Butter
- tbsp Instant dry yeast
- ½ tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
For the Chole
- 2 cups White Chickpeas
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 small cinnamon Sticks
- 1 tsp Ceepee Cumin Seeds
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 Cloves
- 1 tsp Ceepee Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Ceepee Choley Masala Powder
- A pinch of Ceepee Hing
- 1 tsp Ceepee Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp Ceepee Dhaniya Powder
- 2 tsp Ceepee Kasuri Methi
- Salt to taste
- ½ Onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ cup Tomatoes, finely chopped
For the dough
- 1. Begin with combining yeast, sugar and warm water in small bowl. Mix properly, cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a deep bowl, mix plain flour with yeast, sugar and water mixture and knead it into soft dough with enough warm water.
- 3. Add butter to the dough, knead it again, cover it with wet muslin cloth, and rest it for 45 minutes.
- 4. After 45 minutes, knead the dough again to remove excess air and keep aside for further use.
- In a pan, heat some oil and add cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds, bay leaf and onions to it. Sauté for 6 six minutes on medium heat.
- Next, add tomatoes, green chillies, ginger garlic paste, and cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat or until tomatoes are cooked. Keep stirring occasionally.
- It is time to add hing, haldi powder, choley masala, jeera powder, dhaniya powder, dried fenugreek leaves, and salt. Mix it evenly and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on medium flame. Stir frequently.
- Add white chickpeas, mix thoroughly and let them cook on medium flame for 5 minutes. Keep stirring while mashing the chanas gently with a spoon.
- Divide the chanas into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
For baked pockets
- Divide the dough in 16 equal balls and roll them into a 3” diameter discs used plain flour.
- Place the chole mixture in the centre of the disc, apply water along its edges and place another disc over it. Press it well along the circumference and seal it tightly.
- Repeat the above steps to create 7 more pockets and keep rest them for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pockets on a greased baking tray at equal distance and bake them in a pre-heated over at 200 degree Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Apply a brush of butter over each pocket and serve fresh and hot with chutney or pickle of your choice with tea or coffee.
Try this recipe for Lunch, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang