Arachuvitta Sambar Recipe
November 24, 2021
Arachuvitta Sambar is a delish lentil stew prepared with yellow pumpkin, chillies, tamarind, and ground coconut and of course sambar masala. Its recipe may seem little tedious and complex but it is worth time spend in kitchen.
- 1 Cup Arhar Dal
- 2 medium sized Tomatoes, chopped
- ½ Cyp Drumsticks
- 1 medium sized Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Tamarind Extract
- Salt to taste
- ½ Cup Bengal Gram or Chana Dal
- 4 Whole Red Chillie
- 3 tbsp Coconut, desiccated
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Fenugreek Seeds
- ¼ tsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Sambar Powder
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Leaves
- 2 ½ tsp Urad Dal
- 6-7 Curry Leaves
- ¼ tsp Cee Pee Hing
- Boil the Arhar Dal in pressure cooker with water, salt and turmeric powder. Mash the dal and keep it aside.
- In a pan, heat a teaspoon of oil and sauté all the dry ingredients including chana dal, whole red chillies, coconut, methi seeds, and coriander seeds.
- Once roasted, grind the ingredients with some water to form a paste.
- Now cook drumsticks in water with a pinch of turmeric powder until they are soft but not mushy.
- In another pan, heat a teaspoon of oil. Saute onions until they turn golden brown.
- Add tomato, sambar masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and the paste of dry ingredients.
- Saute them until tomatoes are soft, then add water and mix well.
- In the same pan, add arhar dal, drumsticks and tamarind paste. Mix it thoroughly.
- Add 2 cups of water and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes on medium flame. Adjust spices, salt and consistency of the sambar.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoon of oil, add fenugreek seeds, urad dal, and curry leaves.
- Saute them until they begin to crackle. Pour the tadka over sambar.
- Serve fresh and piping hot.
Try this recipe for Lunch, share the video/picture with us on facebook/instagram and get featured #recipesCeePeeKeSang