Traditional Recipes with a Mixed Pickle Twist
Pickles have been a part of traditional Indian meals since time immemorial. Be it a Rajasathani thali or its place on Southern India’s Banana leaf or placed on Aloo paratha, India’s love of pickle is unparalleled. Tangy, spicy, sour, sometimes garlicky, sweet, and pungent, pickle is a combination of a very bold flavour profile infused in a single jar. While some eat it with rice, other prefers it with every bite of roti, the way of eating this super delicious accompaniment varies greatly from region to region. It transforms a dull meal into a festive one with its mouth-watering deliciousness.
Enhancing the essence of delicacies all across the India, its place has always been as a side dish: with stuffed parathas, biryanis, curd rice, khichadi, aloo puri and list goes on. Today we will try to recreate some conventional recipes with a twist of tangy flavours by incorporating pickle in the recipe.
We all crave the flavours from our childhood, ones prepared by our grandmothers packed with a whole lot of spices and love. Cee Pee brings the same authentic flavours from our childhood directly to our palates with super delish mix pickle online. Available at best mix pickle price, it offers the burst of flavours and tanginess in our meals at reasonable mix achar price.
Achari Aloo Tikka
A delicious Indian vegetarian appetizer with beautiful spice mix of Mix pickle brings out a perfect balance of sweet, tangy, sour and spicy flavour in roasted potatoes.
- 500 gms Baby Potatoes (about 30 in number), bwashed, boiled and peeled
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper, cubed into 1.5” pieces
- 1 medium Onion, cubed into 1.5” pieces
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 9 tbsp Yogurt, thick consistency
- 2 tbsp Besan or Gram Flour, roasted
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Cee Pee Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Cee Pee Mix Pickle
- ¼ tsp Black Salt
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Amchoor Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cee Pee Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Coriander Powder
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, heat some mustard oil and switch off the flame. Keep it aside to cool down until slightly warm.
- In a large bowl, mix all other ingredients including yogurt, spices, mix pickle and give it a good mix until you get a smooth mix.
- Now add cooled mustard oil and mix again. Time to taste marinate and adjust the seasoning.
- Next, put in the vegetables and using your hands or a large spoon, gently mix the ingredients to coat veggies generously.
- Cover the bowl and let it sit in the fridge for about 2 hours for flavours to absorb.
- In an air fryer, arrange an aluminium foil along the base and sides. Put in the marinated veggies and slide in the basket.
- Adjust the temperature at 250 degree Celsius and let it cook for 6 minutes. Take out onions and peppers and let the potatoes cook for another 6-7 minutes until they get crisp skin and slight charring.
- Arrange the veggies and potatoes in a serving dish and serve fresh and hot with chutneys, salad and lemon wedges.
Tangy Pickle Rice
Mouth-watering and delicious, this tangy pickle rice is a fun dish to prepare and eat. Packed with veggies and beautiful flavours, have it for lazy lunch or fun night dinner.
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 2 medium sized Potatoes, boiled, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2-3 Carrots, julienned
- 1 medium sized Onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup Fresh peas
- 2 tbsp Cee pee Mix Pickle
- 1 tsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Fersh Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Wash and rinse the rice until you get clear water.
- Boil two cups of water. While water is boiling, blend mix pickle with a blender and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker, heat some oil, add jeera and let it crackle. Put in onions and sauté them until they turn translucent.
- Next, add garlic ginger paste, and turmeric powder. Cook until the rawness of the garlic is gone.
- Now add pickle paste and cook for another two minutes.
- It is time to add veggies in the cooker. Mix well so as all the veggies are well coated with spices. Adjust the salt and spice level.
- Add rice and boiled water in cooker. Mix evenly and gently. Pressure-cook the rice for 2 whistles.
- Let the pressure release naturally and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Transfer the rice in a serving dish, garnish with coriander leaves and serve fresh with raita of your choice.
In India, pickle has been an important part of meals, especially in some regions. With variety of local ingredients mixed with assortment of spices and oil, and fermented under sun offers appetizing aroma and enticing flavours. The tangy flavour of mix pickle infused in every element that transports you to your childhood is now easily available online by Cee Pee in a jar of Mix Pickle at economical mix achar price. With goodness of veggies and spices at reasonable mix pickle price, you can buy spices by Cee Pee at Amazon, Grofers, BigBasket etc.