Punjabi Chole Masala Recipe
September 16, 2021
There are many variations of Chickpea dishes in India and for its curry as well. However, the recipe that excites me the most is Punjabi Chole masala recipe that comes with package of flavours bundled in great harmony. Its tanginess, enticing aroma and mouth-watering visuals are worth every effort to prepare the dish. It is an easy and lengthy recipe with lots of steps and tips and tricks to take care while its preparation.
For Sauté, Blend and Pressure Cooking
- 1 cup Chana or Chickpeas
- Water for soaking
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 3 cup Water (for pressure cooking)
- 2 tbsp Ghee/clarified butter
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 Green Cardamom
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Jeera
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cup Tomato puree
- 1 Fresh Green chilli, slit
- ½ tsp Salt or as per taste
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Coriander, finely chopped (for garnishing)
- ¾ tsp Cee Pee Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Cee Pee Chana Chole Masala Powder/Punjabi Chole Masala Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Cee Pee Kasoori Methi
- 2 tsp Cee Pee Amchur Powder
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Hing
- Rinse chickpeas thoroughly and soak them for around 8 hours in plenty of water.
- Drain them properly, put them in a pressure cooker and pour 3 cups of water along with salt.
- Pressure cooker them for 5 to6 whistles or until chanas and well cooked on medium flame.
- Open the lid when pressure releases completely. Squeeze the chana and check if it is soft enough yet firm.
Chana Masala Curry Preparation
- In a pan, heat ghee and add onions. Sauté them until they turn golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for another 1 minute until the raw smell of garlic is gone.
- Now add tomatoes and sprinkle some salt. Again, sauté until the tomatoes are cooked and soft.
- Add chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- When it is completely cooked, blend the mixture into a smooth paste.
- In a kadai or a large pan, heat 2 tbsp oil, add dhaniya powder and hing and lightly roast them on medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Now add onion tomato paste along with green chilli, chana chole masala and garam masala powder. Mix well and sauté until the mixture leaves the sides of kadai and you can smell fragrance.
- This is the right time to add boiled chickpeas along with chana cooked water. Adjust the consistency of gravy by adding more water, if required.
- Bring it to a boil and let it simmer on low to medium flame for about 10 minutes or until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Taste the gravy and ensure the balance of spices. Now add kasoori methi and amchur powder and mix thoroughly.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and tightly cover it with until served.
- Serve fresh and hot with rice or various kinds of breads along with onions and lemon wedges.
Packed with proteins, Chana masala is a gluten free delicacy with a wonderful balance of flavours. Cee Pee offers the premium quality chana masala powder that gives your dish a punch of deliciousness. Prepared with freshly procured spices and perfect ratio, we ensure hygienic manufacturing and packaging of our every product. Now relish the essence of best chana masala dish with our chole masala powder available at various online platforms.