Winter Recipes with Posta Dana
An oilseeds of poppy flower, posta dana or khus khus or simply poppy seeds are small kidney shaped seeds with high nutritional value. Packed with dietary fibres, omega-6 fatty acid and vitamins, the seeds are a common ingredient for Ayurvedic medicinal preparation. However, with its nutty and earthy flavour and plenty of health benefits, posta dana is also a widely used ingredient in Indian cuisine. It offers many culinary uses. It is more than often used for flavouring and thickening the vegetables, for sweet preparations as well as to add texture to dishes.
Posta dana is also part of many recipes in India that are specifically prepared for winter season. Offering warmth along with its earthy notes to dish, the delicacies serves as winter delights. Today, we take a leap into such winter recipes prepared with posta dana are widely popular in India. Now you can prepare these recipes with ease with Posta Dana by Cee Pee. Available at economical price, each product is hygienically packed and delivered.
Khas Khas Badam ka Halwa
A perfect winter recipe that helps to keep our body warm, posta dana ka halwa is not just delicious to savour but also quite healthy.
- 1 cup Cee Pee Posta Dana, washed and soaked for at least 3 hours
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- ¾ cup Desi Ghee or Clarified Butter
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 4 Almonds, sliced
- 2 Pistachios, sliced
- 2 Cashew Nuts, sliced
- Begin with grinding the soaked posta dana with some water to make smooth paste.
- In a kadai, heat some ghee and wait until it completely melts.Add posta dana paste and roast it on low heat.Make sure to stir it continuously until it turns light golden in colour.it will take about 12-15 minutes to roast.
- As the posta dana paste thickens, add milk and sugar, Mix it well and stir regularly. Sugar can be added according to taste.
- Cook it for 15 minutes while mixing thoroughly. It gets thicken and shiny in a while and start to leave the sides of kadai.
- It is the right time to add 4 tbsp of ghee. Keep roasting it on low flame.
- In a few minutes, turn off the flame. Garnish with almond, pistachio, cashew nuts and cardamom powder. Mix well. Serve it fresh and hot.
Badam Khas Khas ka Doodh
A traditional Punjabi winter drink in North India, Almond Posta Dana milk is warming and a comforting drink for chilly nights. Apart from offering cosiness on winter nights, its delish nutty and earthy tones combined with other spices serve as a perfect winter recipe.
For serving of two
- 1 tbsp Cee Pee Posta Dana
- 1 cup Almonds, soaked overnight or soaked for 10-15 minutes in hot water
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Clarified Butter
- 2 cup Milk, room temperature
- 2-3 Green Cardamom
- 1-2 tbsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cee Pee Turmeric Powder
- Begin with peeling the soaked almonds and keep them aside in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, soak the posta dana in water for at least 3-4 hours.
- Now strain posta dana in a metal strainer and discard the water.
- In a jar of blender, add almonds and posta dana and grind it to a smooth paste. Add water as per requirement. Due to small quantity of ingredients, it might get a little tricky to grind. Transfer the paste to a bowl.
- In a kadai, heat some ghee. When it is hot, add posta dana paste and cook over low flame.
- Cook the paste until it turns light golden brown and begin to leave the sides of the kadai. It may take about 5-10 minutes on low flame. Make sure to stir the paste on regular intervals to avoid burning.
- Once done, add milk and cardamom powder and bring to boil over high flame. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Now reduce the flame to medium and let the milk simmer uncovered for more than 10 minutes. It will help thicken the milk.
- Ensure to scrape the sides of pan occasionally and add it back to milk.
- It is time to add sugar and turmeric to milk. Mix it properly. Taste and adjust the sugar level accordingly. Turn of the flame.
- Khas khas ka doodh or posta dana milk is ready to serve fresh and hot.
Posta Dana Sandesh
A sweet delicacy from Bengal, it is a delish dessert with earthiness of posta dana and goodness of cottage cheese. Light and mouth-watering, it is a must during winters.
- 200 gms Cottage Cheese or Paneer
- 4 tbsp Sugar or to taste
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Cee Pee Posta Dana
- Start with draining the excess water from cottage cheese by hanging it in muslin cloth tightly for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Take out the cheese and put it in a large bowl. Add sugar and mix it well. Keep it aside.
- Now put a pan on low flame, add cheese, and sugar mixture. Saute it for 2-3 three minutes until the sugar dissolves. Add cardamom powder to the pan and mix it well.
- Turn off the flame and allow the dough to cool. It is time to knead the chenna until it takes a texture of soft dough.
- Make small balls of chenna dough.
- Once again, heat a pan and roast posta dana on low flame for about a minute.
- Roll the channe ball over roasted posta dana and keep it in a serving plate.
- Posta dana Sandesh is ready. Serve it fresh or can keep it refrigerated for almost a week.
Winters are already at our doorstep and like every year, and we are in search of recipes to warm ourselves up. Posta dana offers that warmth and earthiness with its delish recipes this winters. Celebrate the season with Cee Pee and now order Posta Dana online from various platforms. We offer the premium quality product at best posta ka dana price. Also check our posta dana price 100 Gram for most economical buy at convenience of your home.