Three Delish Curries and Garam Masala
On daily basis we use various combinations of spices to infuse distinct flavour base to our vegetables, curries, and dals. Over the years, Indian kitchen has seen many transformations when it comes to these everyday spice blends. However, one spice blend that has been elevating the essence of our meals since long time is a flavoursome and packed with aroma, bit of spice, heat and pungency is Garam Masala Powder. It is one of the extensively used spice blend in many Indian cuisines for the huge flavour profile it offer. However, there is no particular recipe of the blend. While some recipes are passed down through generations, others differ according to the region or individual preference. The northern version of the blend is more focused on aromatic spices and less on heat, the southern version is all about heat and red chillies with similar basic ingredients.
To prepare a perfect blend of Garam Masala Powder, a good balance of flavours is required and it is achieved by blending right proportion of spices, roasting them to the right point and grinding to perfect consistency. While possessing many health benefits in its bag, the blend must be used in small quantity due to its potent flavour. Garam Masala is used in a wide range of dishes from meat and chicken dish to dry vegetables, curries, soups and dals. Our emphasis today is variety of curry dish recipes that heroes garam masala blend to offer a pool of zesty flavours.
Mushroom Coconut Curry
Mushroom coconut curry is a one-pot delicacy with goodness of creamy coconut and burst of flavours from herbs and blend of spices in garam masala. You can easy replace vegetables of your choice and add seasoning to match your liking to prepare this simple yet delicious gravy dish power packed with hint of garam masala.
- 2 Cup Button Mushroom, sliced
- 1 large Capsicum, thinly sliced into ½-inch long slice
- 1-inch Ginger, thinly slices
- 1 medium sized Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Fresh Green Chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Black Mustard Seeds
- 15-20 Curry Leaves
- ¼ tsp Cee Pee Turmeric Powder
- 1-2 tsp Cee Pee Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Kashmiri Lal Mirch Powder
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4-5 Medium sized Tomatoes, cut into small chunks
- 4 Spring Onions
- Begin with heating oil in a large pan or a small kadai. Once oil is heated, add mustard seeds and let them crackle. Now add onions, ginger, green chilli, and curry leaves. Add salt and black pepper and sauté the veggies until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add capsicum, and mushroom and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until they begin to soften.
- It is time to add spices including turmeric powder, garam masala, and red chilli powder to the vegetables. Mix them evenly.
- Now pour in half of coconut milk, stir it well and bring the mixture to boil over medium flame. Let it cook for few more minutes until vegetables are done as per your taste.
- Add remaining half of coconut milk, salt to taste and heat the gravy dish properly without bringing it to boil.
- Turn off the flame; add spring onions and tomato chunks along with lemon juice.
- Serve hot with rice or various types of breads.
Indian Vegetable Curry
Indian Vegetable Curry is packed with high nutritional value not just because of vegetables but also with a profile of spices and herbs used. It is a perfect dish for curry lovers with comforting vegetables and warmth of garam masala.
- 1 Cup Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 Cup Cauliflower Florets
- ½ Cup French Beans, cut into pieces of 1-inch
- ½ Cup Carrot, chopped
- ¼ Cup Green Peas
- 1 large Tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 Large Onion, roughly chopped
- 1-inch Ginger, roughly chopped
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, roughly chopped
- 1-2 Fresh Green Chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 1 Cee Pee Bay Leaf
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cee Pee Kasoori Methi
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp Cee Pee Haldi Powder
- ½ tsp Cee Pee Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Cooking Cream or Malai
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2½ Cup Water to adjust consistency of gravy
- In a grinding jar, put onion, ginger, and garlic and grind them to a paste of smooth consistency. Take out the paste in bowl and in the same jar grind chopped tomatoes and green chilli to form a paste. Take it out in another bowl.
- In a pan, heat some oil and add bay leaf and cumin seeds. Sauté them for few seconds until they begin to crackle and release fragrance.
- Now add onion garlic paste and keep cooking until it becomes golden brown in colour. Keep stirring occasionally. Add one or two spoonful of water in case onion to the bottom of the pan.
- Put in the spices including haldi powder, kasoori methi, red chilli powder, coriander powder, and a tablespoon of water. Mix thoroughly and cook for around 2 to 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Next, add salt and green chilli-tomato paste. Mix and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes until tomato is properly cooked.
- Add tomato paste and sauté it for another minute.
- Add all chopped vegetables in the pan and let them cook without water for few more minutes on medium flame.
- Now add water, mix it well and cover the pan with lid. Cook the veggies until they are soft but not mushy, especially potato. It will take around 15 minutes.
- Turn the flame to low and add garam masala. Mix it well and cover it with lid again. Let the gravy and vegetables absorb the flavour of spices and turn off the flame.
- Uncover the pan, add cream and mix everything.
- Finally, add chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix it again. Serve the veggie curry fresh and hot with jeera rice or roti.
Good for our digestive system and enticing our taste buds, garam masala has been part of Indian culinary world for ages. Today, we have included this magical blend in our food in several creative ways opening a new domain of flavours and delicacies. Now experiment and enhance the flavour of your dishes with authentic flavours of garam masala powder by Cee Pee at economical garam masala price. We offer the premium quality products to your door step through many online platforms. You can buy true flavours of spices at best garam masala price at Amazon, Grofers, BigBaket etc.